Shani in the 7th house of a Horoscope (Birth-Chart / Natal-Chart)
The 7th house: Partnership, Marriage, Collaborations, Freelance approach (as one of the “Kaam-Trikon“ house), Physical Relationships, Qualities of the partner(s), Like the 2nd house of wealth this is also called as the “Maarak-sthan” as you can never have enough of it. It is more of a philosophical word (“maarak”) and not to be used for fear mongering. The owners of the signs 180 degree apart are never enemies but also not exactly friends. Rather, they complement each other.
SHANI: Saturn, Shanai, Shanai – slowly slowly, Sincere, Serious, Hard-Work, Perseverance, covertly ambitions, Auditor, Police, Relentless delivery of good/bad karma, Channel for karma delivery just like ISO or CMMI Auditors or Financial Auditors, Poor People, Masses, Workers, Large group of Consumers, Cold Calculations, Devoid of emotions, numbers driven approach
[A] These things below will be much lesser in intensity if Shani degree is not close to Ascendant degree. Or Shani is aspected by Guru, Shani is NOT aspected by Mars or with Raahu or Ketu. Or say Shani is not wakri or worse stambhi which gets ignored. Shani has good speed & is not with Surya (Astangat). Shani is Raajyogkarak of friendly with Lagna-Rashi or Chandra-Rashi. The owner of Shani’s rashi “well-placed” and or in Guru drushti.
[B] The following things will be lot worse if Shani is with Mangal or has Mangal drushti. No Guru drushti, Wakri Shani is with Rahu or Ketu or Surya. If it has very less speed. Owner of Shani is wakri or is 6 8 12 from Shani or in Mangal or even Shani’s drushti! (Recursion!) :) The worse or better the karma the more & more acute planetary formations in a natal chart.
The 7th house Outcome Patterns:
1. The 7th Shani shows obligations to the marriage / spouse.
a. Very acute charts where situation is like [B] above, folks have lost their spouse right after or even before marriage. Means, they marry someone or engage with someone who is not going to live longer. It is not this chart is going to cause a death!! (Else, the whole purpose of my astrology writing will be defeated!!)
b. The [A] situation will mean that spouse’s longevity is quite OK but some health issues shows by the rashi of Shani or rashi of Shani’s owner (depositor).
c. Regardless the 7th Shani mandates NOT expecting any support from the spouse & always serve them regardless.
d. Uchcha Shukra or very very well-placed Shukra will override some of these obligations and bring in some solace and will show good support from mom.
2. The 7th Shani shows more matured, older, elder, slower partner. In some cases, it could be widower, divorced or even married (2nd marriage sorts)
a. Shani is about older person, more experienced and learned etc. This should be kept in perspective and as per social traditions and caste culture traditions. Earlier, the age difference used to be min 8/10 and now it is reduced on the whole. So this must be kept in perspective.
b. Even Shukra with Shani can result in older, widower or married spouse/partner.
c. If Shani is very well aspected by guru and is with Chandra or Shukra and not very close – a perfectly good marriage and traditional one but still some peculiarity with social or cultural background will be there.
3. The 7th Shani could show some apathy or disinterest in physical intimacy. Or it could show late development in this area. There could be an overdose of physical stuff in the past birth and hence this life Shani is trying to keep away from it.
a. Wakri Uranus with Wakri Shani could even show alternate life style preferences! This extreme case is about wakri or stambhi Shani or with or opposite Wakri Uranus or with Budh which is also a bit neutral sort of a planet!
b. The 7th Shani can confuse someone in younger age about their sexuality in a way, Shani is trying to teach the person about understanding non-physical aspects of the relationships.
c. Ketu with Shani will increase this aspect of platonic, non-physical relationship.
d. Surya Mangal in yuti with Shani will reduce this aspect drastically as Surya Mangal are Mard planets and they have heat & higher testosterone. Rahu with Shani will override this quite a bit & rather it might make person go out of control with multiple interests (“Nawaabi stuff”).
4. The 7th Shani drushti is on the 4th house by default (the mother, native place, home) – So property & house happens much better from the age of 30/32. If L4 or Chandra is badly placed, this Shani will show extreme stuff with the mother. Well placed L10 or Chandra will show that you and your mother are different people & life paths are different.
5. Shani drushti on the 9th house means some is necessary travels many times against your wishes.
6. Shani drushti on the 1st house shows slow & steady health and physical strength improvement. It is highly unlikely to see a FAT person with the 1st 4th and 7th Shani. There are always exceptions but Shani drushti on some house means weight gain is not a tendency for that house (organ)! :) And 1st being TANU-Sthan – the whole body and also the head face etc – this Shani would show a lean and a mean person! :)
7. This Shani can take away from the native place and the person usually settles down at distant places.
a. At least in the old age or later part of the life (32 onward) the person is seen away from the native place.
b. There is an obligation to the native place so the person is seen thriving away from the native place. (Shubh-planets in the 4th house will override this – like Chandra, Guru or Shukra)
8. Obviously, property house and great vehicles come after the age of 30/32.
a. If [B] above then a lot of troubles happen with the property and infighting with relatives for property.
b. If [A] still delays and good property away from the native place.
c. A well-placed Shani will give these things after hard-work and once the karma deficit is fulfilled.
9. Shani being masses and Shani in the 7th house -- The person has good sense of mass-mentality & will do some direct collaborations with the customer (end consumer). Mass-mentality is more of an acquired taste than the inbuilt one of the 1st house Shani. They would eventually after interactions and surveys etc know what consumers want and can provide good products/services to a group of large number of people. If Shani is badly placed conversely, masses would have major issues with this person sometime in life.
Remedies work very well for milder versions of the 7th Shani. For extreme 7th house Shani some “by-birth” or hormonal deficiency is there which could take conscience efforts to work upon. Worst placements of Shani would need start from the childhood.
(a) Donations to marriage bureaus, Run some free dating or marriage web-sites or donations to them etc
(b) Work selflessly to get people married and stay people married (marriage counselling)
(c) Understand the past birth obligations if specific to some folks:;relatives, friends, mom etc etc – serve them as much as possible
Shani In a Birth horoscope: Deficiency of Karma from the past birth, Things in error or omissions, your obligations you were not able to or purposely did not fulfill in the past birth, YOUR OWN subconscious agreement with the universe what you owe to this world.
So now combine the 7th house descriptions and Shani together and put them in a mixer of meditation. Meditation is not in Himalayas or in some sacred place – as Buddha and all messenger say – “Salvation lies within”. Tendulkar can meditate on cricket in a fair (Jatra), Zunzunwala will be able to think stock market while taking a scary ride and Maradona or Pele would be able to think Football in space in 0 gravity also! So, let us to come up with some logical thoughts to what happens when Shani is in the 7th house of a Birth-Chart:
Before getting drenched in any typical Shani fear mongering let us first understand what is the 7th house and what is the role of Shani. Astrology or any “science” (probabilistic or exact) is best understood with the day to day examples and not some glorious rocket science or some major pooja-path and paap-punya imagination! :) Keeping fatalistic thinking AWAY is the JOB #1 for any wanna-be astrologer OR anyone who seeks any help from an astrologer. Run away from people who after describing some aspects of your life very well say next “So do this pooja else you will lose all this in next 3 months or 3 years and so on” :) :)
Other Shani Articles:
(1) Shani Rahu Yuti: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/02/shani-rahu-yuti-shani-rahu-conjunction.html
(2) Shani Drishti on Chandra: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/04/shani-drushti-on-chandra-saturn.html
(3) Shani in the 8th House of a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/04/shani-in-8th-house-8th-house-saturn.html
(4) Shani in the 12th House of a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/05/astromnc-shani-in-12th-house-of.html
(5) The 4th House Shani: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/06/shani-saturn-in-4th-house-of-horoscope.html
(6) Sadesati Article: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2009/03/what-is-sadesati-it-takes-approximately.html
(7) Shani Remedies: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/06/remedies-shani-or-saturn-remedies_20.html
(8) Shani in 2017 for all signs
a. June to Oct 2017: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/06/shani-change-2017-from-june-21-2017-to.html