Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Effects of Guru Change on 19th December 2009
Guru has changed from Makar raashi to Kumbh raashi on Dec 19th, 2009 @11:23 PM IST. This Guru has great speed and now changes to Meen raashi on May 2nd. It will move in Kumbh raashi very fast and will be beneficial to folks with a lot of planets in Kumbh, Sinvha, Tula and Mithun raashi. Of course, Moon Sign Mesh folks will benefit quite a bit due to 11th house Guru.
Here are broad level significant effects of KUMBH Guru from Dec 19, 2009 to May 2nd, 2010:
1. Those with birthdates from Feb 14th to Mar 14th (of any year)
a. Great support from seniors, Govt and authorities.
b. Past 2+ years have been mostly confrontational with seniors. They didn't listen to you much and your ideas were not appreciated as they should have been.
c. NOW, your ideas will be treated much more seriously and patiently. Seniors will entrust you with more responsibility and position.
d. Health of father which was under stress in past 2 years could improve (the legs especially)
2. Those with birthdates from Aug 15th to Sept 15th (of any year)
a. Quite a bit a similar effect as mentioned above with increasing support from seniors, Govt and authorities.
b. Seniors will collaborate with you and think of you as a trusted partner.
c. Major EGO-Boost, Self Esteem boost in this period. Pats 2 years have been BAD in these regard. Anyone coming to you with some advice -- your patience was tested quite a bit. :)
d. Family might have had some heart related issues -- These will improve quite a bit. Backbone/Heart issues of your father could see good improvement or a good doctor advice is in the offing.
3. Folks with Chandra Raashi as Mithun
a. 9th House Guru -- Bringing in logical profile change and a possible promotion, change in job profile/upper level.
b. A travel may be required due to this bhagyoday.
c. Your logical thinking will be appreciated quite a bit.
d. You will be inmvolved in some presentations/marketing events but as part of your chaging job profile only.
More to follow in next article, Thought of publishing this ASAP...!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I mentioned that "this kid's Mama or Mousi could have had a very bad patch from Dec 2000 to Dec 2002, there could have been some extreme event or "gotcha" with Mama in this period". The observation hit the bull's eye and the father of the kid was awestruck as how one can comment something about a Mama of a kid in 2002 when the kid himself is born in 2007!!! :-)
Here is some explanation:
1. In any Horoscope, the 6th house is about Maternal Family and Mom's relatives (Mama, Mousi etc).
2. BUDH is also karak of MAMA(or Mousi) -- as it is karak of Buddhi / overal Brain's functioning, Trading, Expression, Basic speech ability.
3. The owner of 6th house in the horoscope will also play equally important part.
In this horoscope as it was Mesh-Lagna (Aries Ascendant), the 6th house has Kanya raashi, which is owned by BUDH --> So Budh is Mama-Karak (for everyone) and in this horoscope it is also owner of the 6th house --> Double impact!
1. BUDH in this horoscope was in the 8th house -- Called as the "Peeda sthan" or "Mrutyu sthan". Budh was in Scorpio (Vrushchik) and in the LAST DEGREE (30th) of Scorpio --> This degree is called as "Raashi Gandaant" -->
2. Budh was with Mangal (Mars) adding to the issues to Mama.
3. As Guru was also there --- The Mama would have had long enough life and not very short lived etc or even the event from Dec 2000 to Dec 2002 should not even have resulted in a fatal issues. (The Scorpio sign shows rivers, canals, Reproductive organs, Kidney etc.)
Sunday, December 6, 2009
"Current" planetary positions/bhraman and birth-time horoscope is always correlated in order to give any predictions. i.e. say (current) Guru is 5th to (birth) Moon so you would get the fruits of your efforts of past 2-3 years of efforts and What YOU call a success will be awarded to you. OR say, (current) Shani is 3rd to (birth) Moon so it will allow you to set fielding, play your cards, use Guerilla tactics etc. Current Guru is going over your (horoscope) Mangal so your siblings do well, you could score good runs, you would get good friends etc.
This brings us to movement of planets from 9, 10, 11 houses from our Moon Sign:
(1) 9th house is about natural support, bhagyasthan, journey due to bhagyoday, start of new things, getting new position/designation in life as this is Dharma-Trikon last house (1-5-9) “Dharma = Duty”
(2) 10th house is Workplace, power, production, stress but happening, what started in 9th increases multifold in 10th house bhraman of the same planet
(3) 11th house is GAIN/LAABH house - All sorts of LAABH/GAIN are shown by this planet. All the efforts of past 12 movements and especially past 3 movements of the planet give you some sort of gain!
The movement of ANY planet from 9, 10, 11 houses FROM MOON always brings following effects as per YOUR OWN Kriyaman Karma which is in line with your Mahadasha and Antardasha but (there are many things where pull of destiny is very weak due to no activity in the past birth, in these things Kriyaman affects you much more):
1. When a planet comes 9th to your Moon Sign: It brings logical profile change, one step up in job, some new things start in the job, it often requires some travel to some different location. Depending in if it is a fast moving planet or a slow moving one -- the effects are seen likewise. A planet in 9th house brings "Bhagyoday". The direction of these things depends on which houses this planets OWNS in your horoscope AND also the "Karakatva" of this planet. (For example: MOON is the "Karak" for a person's MIND/Emotions, Mom, Water, Silver, women in life; MARS: Blood, Siblings, Sports, Aggression, drive, Energy, SUN: Seniors, Govt, Authorities, FATHER, Backbone, Spine, Heart, SOUL, Self Esteem, EGO etc, Gold).
2. Next move for the planets is to change the sign and go in the 10th house from your Moon Sign: This brings "MORE OF THE SAME". The new work brought in 9th bhraman increases in magnitude as per your own efforts, actual hard work due to the new work -- increase in stress, activities -- overall happening but quite stressful without any direct Laabh/GAIN.
3. Now the planet is 11th to Moon Sign i.e. 2nd sign from the reverse side: Now, all the efforts, contacts, stress etc brings in Actual GAIN, Money, Accolades when the planet is in the 11th house/Raashi from your raashi. It is your OWN Karma of 9th and 10th house of this planet that brings you more and more gains in this period of 11th movement.
Now, the planets moves ahead to 12th house - i.e. the sign behind your sign (12th house: expense sthan, Wyay sthan, Planning sthan )---> NOW, You have to PLAN for the next 12 movements of this planet -- do new certification, reading, study etc w.r.t this planet and the houses this planet represents and also its karakatva.
The 12th movement seems VERY BAD due to glorious things of 9, 10, 11 movement of the same planet -- You are used to it but they have been leveraged completely like the cane that comes out of the machine. Now you need to plan and work for next 12 movements of this planet within your own sign , 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc and then again it comes to 9th house which bring LOGICAL change in your life depending on your efforts w.r.t this planet in the past 8 movements of this planet!!! :)
This is classic Kriyaman KARMA cycle -- Astrologer can only suggest when you are entering which planetary movement of 9, 10, 11.
The 12th movement of Shani is called as start of the sadesati (7.5 years) as it is LONGER etc. Guru's last for 3 years (1 year each in 12, 1, 2nd houses). Moon for 7 days (2.25 days in one raashi) and Mangal for 4,5 months and so on.
Popular--Well Known Examples:
1. Akshay got HERAPHERI When Guru was 9th to Moon sign of Tula -- Guru stays 1 years in 1 one sign -- So 9, 10, 11 movements of Guru were helpful to him until end of 2004.
2. BUT from Jan 2003 -- He also entered Shani's movement of 9, 10, 11 houses -- Which ended just now in Sept 2009. He has leveraged the COMEDY pattern completely and needs to plan new things now. Shani stays in onew sign / house for 2.5 years so this period is loonger 7.5 years -- compared to 3 years of Guru.
3. In 2005 He had to replan and regroup due to 12th house Guru for a year and not from Sept 2009 to Dec 2011 -- He will have to regroup due to 12th house Shani -- Saadesati 1st 2.5 years!!
4. Aamir Khan had GREAT Shani support until Jan 2003 -- Later 12th house Shani until May 2005 -- Not much happened there except planning/study etc.
5. Vrushchik raashi folks had 2003, 2004 2005 as Guru's 9, 10, 11 bhraman -- after that immediately Shani's 9, 10, 11 bhraman from May 2005 to Dec 2011 ....But 2006 was of issues due to 12th Guru and after Dec 2011 it will be start of Saadesati itself (12th shani).
Every year, the Sun becomes 9, 10, 11 and 12 so do the Budh & the Shukra -- EVERY MONTH (27 days) the MOON goes 9, 10, 11 houses bring in similar effects but very fast, quick ones. So these are studied for that kind of things -- Guru Shani (Raahu, Ketu are reverse 11, 10, 9) are slow moving hence their effects are seen more slowly and long lasting.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
1. "Santati Karak" planet Guru in Meen raashi and in Meen Navamansh. Meen raashi is DWI-Swabhav raashi and meen navamansh in it is last 3 degree 10 minutes which takes the dwiswabhav part to a higher degree. So, possibility of "twins" is there in the "root" form in the horoscope. But Guru stays in one raashi for 12 months and in 1 navamansh for 1.3+ months. So all folks born in this period would have this formation.
2. Now, in this Dhanu lagna horosocpe, Mesh was in the sign in the 5th house (Santati sthan). The owner of the Mesh sign i.e. santati sthan in this horoscope -- MANGAL-- was in Kumbh raashi and surprise -- again in Meen navamansh in Kumbh raashi!! So additional effect. Mangal changes sign in aprx 45 days and 1 navamansh in aprx 6 days. The Dhanu lagna was only for 2 hrs each day in those 6 days! So this narrows down the tme period quite a bit.
3. BUT, Mangal is also with Shani although not very close -- This shows that there could be some issues wth at least 1st Santati.
4.a Mangal is "Bhratru-Karak" i.e. "sibling-karak" (for everyone)-- It is in the 3rd house in the horoscope - 3rd house is also of Siblings (apart from other things). So it being with Shani either shows pregnancy issues to his mother after his birth OR some longevity/accidental issues with his next brother related to legs.
4.b Shani being the owner of the 3rd house (Kumbh raashi) ONLY adds to these effects of 4a as both bhratru-karak and sibling house owner are together in 3rd house which is of siblings.
5. The biggest Santati decision making factor is that Guru is 5th from Moon (Vrushchik) and also owner of 5th house from moon. (5th house is Santati sthan) This seals the deal as they say.
1. Yes, the 1st pregnancy for him was twins but it turned to be a mis-carriage.
2. His younger bro passed away in aprx 10 years back.
3. I did not check about a miscarriage etc to mother with him.
This example shows or illustrates what is meant by Guru being Santati-Karak, Mangal being Bhratru-Karak and also aspects about or effects of Shani-Mangal yuti in the horoscope especially when they are the owner of 3rd house.
I have a separate post for HIGH number of TWINS born in Feb 1975 to Mar 1976 and also quite a few folks born in this period have been blessed with twins. (Guru was in Meen raashi in this period & was wakri in Meen navamansh increasing the period of Guru being in Meen navamansh!) : http://astromnc.blogspot.com/2009/03/twins.html
Saturday, November 7, 2009
O.P. Nayyar is my 'the' most favorite of the music directors. Well, all music directors from 40/50/60s are irresistable anyways but somehow OP's songs have an exclusve "lock" on my heart right from childhood when I didn't even know what a music director was about! :) Well, the reason for OP is just a "Case Study" and a selection oof a famous person to explain something basic about the "art of horoscope analysis".
Someone asked 2 days back "Why the hell Navamansh Horoscope is SO important??". Very simple question, very complex answer: To start with 9 is the # which is found in nature (and in astrlogy) in abundance!
1. 9 planets (Including Raahu/Ketu) excluding Harshal, Neptune.
2. 9 nakshtra-swami (of 27 nakshatras) each planet "owns" 3 nakshatras. Vimshottari mahadasha has 9 planets (obviously all 9 nakshatra swami(s)
3. 9 digits
4. Every sign has 9 "charan"(s) i.e. 9 equal parts of 3degree 10minutes for each charan.
5. 360 degrees (3+6+0) = 9
6. 72 heart beats per minute? (Normal rate).
7. 1440 minutes in a day -- again 9 or for that matter 525600 in a year (9!)
To cut it short, 9 has a mystical importance in all esoteric things.
The Navamansh horoscope calculation is a simple one: Every Sign is divided in 9 parts (called charan or navamansh) and each of these parts is assigned to 1 of 9 planets(their signs. Start with Aries sign-- Assign 1st part to Aries (Mars), seconds to Taurus (Venus) and so on. The Taurus sign would start with Capri navamansh and so on. You have to start over once you finish 12 signs in the sequece. (Same rashi, Same Navamansh is called as "Vargottam" navamansh).
Now, your ascendant point degree will belong to some sign & some navamansh in it, it wil become the 1st rashi in your Navamansh Horoscope. i.e. even if your ascendant is Aries -- You Navamansh Horoscope ascendant could be from Aries to Saggitarius (9 charans in Aries sign). Basically, For a day, Navamansh increases 12 ascendants signs and lagna-patrikas to 12*9 = 108. This helps horoscope analysis as most of the Grahayog are similar in a given day and folks born in given 2 hrs have a very similar horoscope! So navamansh horoscope is used for "Sukshma-wichar".
O.P Nayyar born in 16th Jan, 1927 (it is NOT 1926) 7 days before his dear friend Shivsena-Supremo Balasaheb Thackeray (23rd). From my calculations and "backtracking" he must be born under Aquarius lagna rashi (height) and also Jan 1954 marks the start of his Shani mahadasha for 19 years where he gave unforgettable music & got a great mass-support-frenzy. (I have mentioned this in my Shani Mahadasha post a few days back).
Have a look at this navamansh Horoscope (of 16 Jan 1927):
1. Shani is in Vrushchik rashi in main horoscope but it is in Uchcha navamansh of Libra (Tula) in navamansh horoscope! (Same as Balasaheb).
2. Mangal is in very strong Aries sign in main horoscope but it is in artistic Libra navamansh in the navamansh horoscope -- hence music etc instead of say sports! :)
3. Guru is in kumbh raashi in main horoscope but it is in swa-navamansh (Dhanu) in navamansh horoscope. -- Before Shani mahadasha he had Guru mahadasha for 16 years -- he must have got a great education and Guru as Guru is well placed in 1st house, 9th to Moon and in Dhanu navamansh inhis horoscope. He leveraged this knowledge in Shani mahadasha.
4. The Sun is in Vargottam navamansh. Makar raashi and makar navamansh.
5. VENUS(Shukra) although in a conservative Makar rashi in main horoscope, is in Swa-navamansh of Vrushabh is the Navamansh horoscope!!!
6. Raahu is with Moon in Mithun rashi uchcha for Raahu -- Rahu is in Kumbh navamansh -- very strong for Raahu.
Now, you can start to appreciate the power and importance of the navamansh horoscope. Any planet in the main horoscope HAS to be analysed in Navamansh horoscope in order to guage its power and resultant effect in its Mahadasha or AntarDasha.
It is very interesting to note that Balasaheb also had a GREAT run in Shani mahadasha from 1980 to 1999 due to uchcha navamansh Shani : it is located 3rd from Moon and 11th from Lagna/Sun sign in main horoscope (3, 6, 11 are VERY good positions of Shani for a politician or for anyone who wants mass-support). OP had Shani mahadasha from 1954 to 1973. Of course, Shani in Vrushchik raashi in main horoscope and Vrushchik raashi's owner Mangal in self raashi increases power of this shani in main horoscope quite a bit. Shani mahadasha was important as very imp planets in Shani's sign (Sun, Venus in Makar, Guru in Kunbh) -- OP Kumbh lagna - Balasaheb Makar Lagna.
But, ONLY navamansh horoscope analysis would be a complete NO-NO. It has to be used #2 after the main horoscope. Astrologer Late M. D. Bhat, elder brother of great V. D. Bhat had published a MUST have book "Navamansh Rahasya" on the power of navamansh analysis for each planet and has shared his experiences and of course LOGICAL reasoning/analysis and praachin grantha's thought for each planet in each navamansh in this book. He especially explains very well the specific STARS that are in a given charan/navamansh & proximity of any planet to those stars makes that navamansh powerful in a given horoscope.
Only recently I realised that my Guru is in Kumbh raashi Kumvh navamansh and VERY close to a star which is known for Gudh-tatva Advance Studies. My Sun is in Revati nakshatra Meen rasshi Meen navamanash (B-date : 11th April) -- It also has a similar effect (esoteric knowledge, short writing, plays etc), My Neptune (owner of all that is GUDH, unexplainable) is in the 1st house with Moon and Raahu and is in again Vrushchik raashi Vrushchik navamansh -- relates again to GUDH, mystic and hidden stuff. Harshal is in 12th house (Moksha-Trikon) and again is in Libra rashi Libra navamansh -- again indicates mystic study & mystic "gatee". Date of 11 is also called as Master number and some cultures call it the date of the mystiques/psychics. Total b-date addition of 9 doesn't hurt! :)
Apart from the main horoscope (5th hosue Ravi, 1st house Neptune with Raahu/Moon, 4th house Guru- Gajakesari) that shows mystic/astrological studies or past-karma -- It is NAVAMANSH that puts the cement in the bricks of the main horoscope. Without this cement the main horoscope analysis is not good enough.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
1. When shani mangal are in 8th house of a horoscope or Mangal is in 2nd and Shani is in 8th or vice versa (either together or opposite 180degrees apart)
a. This combo shows issues with Internal Reproductive Organs (Kidneys for examples) and also 2nd house which shows eyes, teeth, neck.
b. This combo also shows issues with the body-part that is indicated by the sign they are in. For example Shani Mangal are in Kanya raashi: Stomach issues, when in Mithun raashi: Arms/Shoulders, Sinvha raashi: Heart and Spine, In Meen raashi ankles/feet and so on.
c. This combo also indicates that there are chances of that his/her mother could have a miscarriage or some issues with pregnancy after him/her (if of course taken a chance).
So Shani Mangal together or opposite affects the body-part shown by the House(s) and also the body part indicated by the Sign/Rashi they are in.
Apart from this Mangal being "karak" of Blood, Sports, Bikes, Cars, Siblings :: It could also show issues with these things. Need to drive carefully, take care of siblings (karmic burden!) and also not be nasty with masses/workers -- rather help them as Shani is masses -- workers.
Even Mangal in Kark raashi (neech raasshi) could show hemoglobin issues, lack of red-factor in the blood or some content of the blood could shows some deficiency.
Please never forget that Guru's aspect (drushti) in the horoscope changes the outcome quite a bit and it will reduce the impact quite a bit but cannot negate it completely. Guru's drushti would help you pay-off by good-karma and not by sufferings all the time! A real life Guru would do the same in absence of Guru's drushti in the horoscope!
We will continue the discussion on some examples how Astrology could be used to double-check extreme diagnosis by doctor and suggestion for some serious surgery etc should be checked in the horoscope. Almost always, extreme health situations are reflected in the horoscope. Say Mangal-Ketu close in Moola nakshatra could show hereditary issues with blood from maternal family and so on.
Even using Palmistry: Formation of mounts and signs on mounts -- it is very easy to make some assessment on possibility of deceases. I avoid meeting folks as analysing horoscope from a 1000s of miles of distance and making very acurate analysis gives me some mental kick and challenge! :) But when time-date are in doubt, there is nothing better than the Palm and of course face!! :)
Monday, October 5, 2009
JYOTISH has following desciplines:
1. Astronomy: Movement of stars, their cycles w.r.t earth, sun etc
2. Muhurt Shastra: You guys know it.
3. Horary Astro or Horashastra : i.e Predictive Astrology
Strictly My opinions:
1. Astrology is not an EXACT science. It is an art or science of probabilities. Now this is a loaded statement : "science of probabilities".
2. By using astrology you can state various probabilities and actions (Sat-Karma/Good karma) that can avert or reduce the ill-effects of them (and increase the good effects.)
3. Astrology is best used for psychological anlysis, natural attitudes that a horoscope / numero / palm / face diaplays and also natural weaknesses they portray.4. Health Issues: Astrology is also a great tool to list down probable deseases a person might have, weaker organs of a person that could give some issues in future. Yoga, Ayurveda, Descipline, Alopathy, Homeopathy (spelling?) etc can help reduce these health issues in advance.
5. Astrology is very good to understand your Karmic Burden and direction / some steps to pay that off by good deeds and not by sufferings. The pull of the destiny after say 20 years coluld be reduced by advanced payments of good-karma.
6. NOBODY can predict death! It is just NOT possible. Every person born has a great possibility of living until the age of 120 years and some esoteric sites would tell you that a person need not even die!! So if someone claims to predict year, month, date of death -- PLEASE hand them to the police! :) You can just mention that so-so period is not good, wear helmet, there could be stomach issues, there could be blood related issues etc etc. You CAN NOT predict death of anybody -- however straight-forward the horoscope is.
7. According to the latest Dan Brown fiction (The Lost Symbol) The forefathers of USA were astrologers themselves (George Washington) and chose the time to built the White House, USA Capitol building and some more strcutures when some xxxx planets/star was in Virgo!! It is a fiction book but not everything in it is fiction. It also recites BhagwadGeeta/Upanishad etc. Linda Goodman also states that the forefathers knew astrology very well and even 4th of July was chosen as per some auspicious astrological formations!!
Comments on Astrology by a great soul:
Following text is taken from "Autobiography of a Yogi" This is straight from Shree Shree Yukteshwar Giri when he replied to Yoganand Paramahans' question: "Why do you suggest me an astrological bangle as I don't believe in it".
There need not be a single line of explanation of what Astrology is about after reading this paragraph(s). I attest that this EXACTLY what I have observed in past 20 years of study of this topic.
"Astrology is the study of man's response to planetary stimuli. The stars have no conscious benevolence or animosity; they merely send forth positive and negative radiations. Of themselves, these do not help or harm humanity, but offer a lawful channel for the outward operation of cause-effect equilibriums which each man has set into motion in the past.
1. "A child is born on that day and at that hour when the celestial rays are in mathematical harmony with his individual karma. 2. His horoscope is a challenging portrait, revealing his unalterable past and its probable future results. But the natal chart can be rightly interpreted only by men of intuitive wisdom: these are few.
3. "The message boldly blazoned across the heavens at the moment of birth is not meant to emphasize fate, the result of past good and evil but to arouse man's will to escape from his universal thralldom.
4. What he has done, he can undo. None other than himself was the instigator of the causes of whatever effects are now prevalent in his life.
5. He can overcome any limitation, because he created it by his own actions in the first place, and because he has spiritual resources which are not subject to planetary pressure.
"Superstitious awe of astrology makes one an automaton, slavishly dependent on mechanical guidance. The wise man defeats his planets which is to say, his past by transferring his allegiance from the creation to the Creator. The more he realizes his unity with Spirit, the less he can be dominated by matter. The soul is ever-free; it is deathless because birthless. It cannot be regimented by stars.
"Man is a soul, and has a body. When he properly places his sense of identity, he leaves behind all compulsive patterns. So long as he remains confused in his ordinary state of spiritual amnesia, he will know the subtle fetters of environmental law.
"God is harmony; the devotee who attunes himself will never perform any action amiss. His activities will be correctly and naturally timed to accord with astrological law. After deep prayer and meditation he is in touch with his divine consciousness; there is no greater power than that inward protection."
"Then, dear Master, why do you want me to wear an astrological bangle?" I ventured this question after a long silence, during which I had tried to assimilate Sri Yukteswar's noble exposition.
"It is only when a traveler has reached his goal that he is justified in discarding his maps. During the journey, he takes advantage of any convenient short cut. The ancient rishis discovered many ways to curtail the period of man's exile in delusion. There are certain mechanical features in the law of karma which can be skillfully adjusted by the fingers of wisdom.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Annual Horoscope 2017 for all signs: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/03/2017-annual-horoscope-for-all-rashi.html
(Regardless of lagna (asc-sign)-rashi, Chandra(moon)-rashi, SHANI is for all an auditor who delivers the exact proportion of good or bad karma done. It reminds us of our dues and urges or at times forces them to pay back to appropriate party. The house/position of SHANI in a natal chart shows an obligation and deficiency in that chart for the things shown by that house. Also, Shani has 3rd, 7th and 10th FULL drushti in addition to the house it is in. These drushtis DO work and they work a lot more when there is some planet in that house.)
But all these folks suffered/will suffer accidents, injuries and problems in Shani Mahadasha whenever their EGO got better of them in this period. Each one of them had some Ego clashes and suffered due to it. Many of them had severe illness in this period too. Especially when Sadesati coincided with the Shani mahadasha!! :)
Shani represents or is "karak" of masses, crowds (mass mentality), it-Gadha-cement, slow-but-steady things in life, Peeda (troubles), Dainya (Garibi), Reality Check, Wilamb (delay), night.
Shani is usually well-placed in the horoscope if your past life(s) karma with respect to masses is good. If you have donated money, land to masses and overall helped masses in overall aspects like building hospitals, schools (for poors), Anna-chhatra (Fed poor people): You have good karma with masses and better position of Shani in the Horoscope. The subtle yet omnipotent & omnipresent Law of Karma would make the masses pay you back in this life/birth in equal and opposite manner -- As simple as that. Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed -- Every force has equal and opposite force but they act in opposite directions. All these are nothing but spiritually – which represents the "law of karma" in scientific manner. The same way the folks mentioned above must have done a LOT in their past life(s) to do betterment of masses. The masses paid them back in their Shani mahadasha.
Shani in 3rd, 6th and 11th house shows that previous Karma with masses has been good. This Shani usually shows very good Shani mahadasha/antardasha results. Of course, assuming Shani is not in ill-aspects of Ravi (Sun) or Mangal (Mars). 1st, 10th house Shani shows mass-support “overall in life but more so in politics” in the 1st house and in career/workplace/production etc in the 10th place. Again, assuming it is well placed!
The way to reduce Shani mahadasha issues are NOT any Puja or Yadnya or Mantra or even the Gemstones! There are two ways to pay off the Shani Mahadasha's past Karma:
To pay off the burden some "good" astrologer needs to analyze the horoscope, analyze/find out the direction of the karmic burden and suggest some actions so that masses benefit from your actions. It is better to start as early as possible to avoid severe issues.
If Shani in 10th house, do seva of your father no matter how your relation is with him.
If Shani-Mangal close to each other: Help your siblings in life as they need it.
The earlier you start with this the lesser the issues in Shani mahadasha.
Of course, regardless of good or bad: Shani Mahadasha requires discipline of all the actions, conservative approach in spending, in eating etc. EGO should be avoided at any cost as folks who do not have much money are spending money for you!! Just imagine if they find out you are being egotist when they are spending time and energy for you.
If Shani mahadasha and Sadesati at the same time affects your temperament and moral too much then HANUMAAN Sadhana is THE ONLY upaay for getting enough courage to face the effects of this. Finally, it is YOUR OWN creation of this life (Sadesati) or past life/lives (Mahadasha). :)