Surya in the Natal Chart (Birth-Time Horoscope)
Voluntary Payments: (1) https://PayPal.Me/AstroMNC (2) From India: UPI is milind.chitambar@icici OR AstroMNC@UPI (From BHIM APP or even many bank apps) Would help with posting more articles with objective analysis without fear mongering with purpose of de-mystifying astrology as a probabilistic science or better yet "art of probabilities".
What Surya Represents: SWAYAMBHU (Self-lit), Ego, Self-esteem, Pride, Alone, Fire, Inspiration, Entrepreneurship, Pioneer, “I Me and Myself”, Center of their own eco-system, forming own sphere of influence, Originality, Heart, Spine, Bone Quality, OVERALL HEALTH and Vitality.
Shani Guru Rahu Ketu are often overrated in the chart analysis. Guru Shani and Rahu Ketu come in picture only if Surya (SUN), Chandra (Moon), Shukra (Venus), Budh(Mercury), Mangal (Mars) are reasonably placed. Imagine without a reasonable BUDH (which controls basic ability to think, count, listen, talk, nervous system basics) GURU is of hardly any use! It is like having huge chaste or say biceps without having palms to use them! The SMALLER planets have HUGE impact on any person’s basic structure & basic ability. Without Moon well-placed or at least reasonable, there is NO use of any planet in the chart! Of course, other planets exert force on to Moon and constitute whether Moon is well placed or not. In short, larger planets on their own have GHUNTA effect on us. It is thru the smaller planets they are able to delivery good bad karma. The Signs and houses of the smaller/faster planets are hugely important & THEN relative aspects or positions of slow moving planets are important.
SURYA being the ALLMIGHTY for our Solar system is SINGLEMOST imp factor for our existence. Imagine a person without bones or without heart or spine! Not having good Surya in the chart is absence of spine literally but also figuratively! SURYA has content of EACH planet in it. It can delivery fruits of each planet if not fully partially or it can reduce fruits of other planets drastically. It is probably DHANU Surya (Sagittarius Sun) which allowed Hawking Sahib to live longer life despite such decease. It is the LEO SUN of DON BRADMAN which made him a self-respecting and such a well-respected person with not a single soul talking ill about him. SACHIN’s MESH Surya in Exalted or rather OVER Exalted status in the 10th degree of ARIES is vastly imp for his relentless pursuit of his career. On a much smaller and personal scale: My father with his 1st house Surya and b-date of 1 ruled by Surya was able to defy ALL astrologers and all psychics that he WILL die at the age of 37. It was able to defy 12th Mangal 6th Guru and 4th Shani -Rahu and not to mentioned 8th Chandra! For me “Vargottam Surya in the 5th house of Buddhi in meen rashi – defines me as an all-rounder. The paragraph from V.D.BHAT book “Navamansh Rahasya” (The Secrets of navamansh) I feel it is written as if it is by my close friend or a relative describing me. Without this Surya in Vargottam Pisces Navamansh I would ZERO (rather, NEGATIVE).
So let us agree that the often neglected by Astrologers or rather it is ASSUMED that these smaller planets are OK and hence the person is here in front of us asking “future prospects”. Without reasonable smaller planet placements, the person would not even reach or think about “future prospects” or would be struggling with day to day needs and operational matters.
LET US look at effects of Surya in each house of a horoscope.
SURYA in the 1st house of a Horoscope
Check the first para of what Surya represents and apply it to this one! :) The first house being (SELF) and Surya in the 1st house in the EAST direction of the chart shows DIGBALI Surya! DIGBAL (directional strength) shows an empowered person with “MAIN HUN NAAH” effect.
(1) Independent, Inspirational, Entrepreneurial, Pioneer, Adamant, Self-sufficient, Pride Self-esteem folks
(2) Do not expect sensitive caring or too much emotional approach even if Sun is in Cancer. Yes, Caner ascendant WILL show caring sensitive stuff but Sun there WILL make it a bit aloof and not allow every Tom Dick Harry come close.
(3) Extra-ordinary resilience and heath. Some fevers from time to time as USHNA-Prakriti, But these fevers also do not slow them down as they don’t pay much attention to it.
(4) Do not allow people to come too close.
(5) Have specific roles and responsibility and clear demarcation of roles in THEIR MIND for all people in their life or career. Able to BOX things well and not mixing these boxes or making people miserable by exposing them to unfamiliar environments. In short, they build their own ecosystem or like solar system -their own sphere of influence.
(6) DO not like to be at NEW places or new people – Out of comfort zone. Like to be in their own DEN or familiar environment. Do not want to go to places where they don’t have “power” or respect.
(7) They respect boundaries of all people and expect the same. Someone crossing the boundary is banished from their kingdom forever! :) Unless they allow it! In short, they are quite territorial.
(8) They are liked and respected by Govt, Authorities and are in sync with such stuff and natural at establishing law and order and a process. Natural at Govt or IAS IPS sort of jobs which are funded by Govt or BIG orgs.
(9) In intense degrees or intense nakshatra can show sudden injuries or sudden incidents due to their own inspirational moves to head or frequent fevers. The areas of hurt could be head, spine and heart but also the organ shown by the sign (Scorpio: Kidney, Leo Heart, Capri: Knees, Sagi: Legs / hip etc).
(10) In Mangal drushti the nature would be more aggressive and intense. Difficult to handle.
(11) In SHANI drushti it would show some difference of opinion or fights or tussles or show-down with bosses, Govt and authorities from time to time. Some deficit from the past karma which they would need to accommodate which is AGAINST their nature. Unless Sun in Cancer, Pisces or Makar Vrishabh (docile signs) such tussles result in strong fights and bitter enemies. Also, SHANI drushti affects eye-sight and spine, heart and bone structure.
(12) GURU drushti helps with everything and keeps the Fire of Sun on the right things.
(13) In MAKAR (Capri) rashi it does not rashi strength but still shows resilience more than other Makar lagna (rising) folks.
(14) In Air signs shows intelligence of high order and inspirational ideas and thoughts that will also guide others. White collar jobs predominantly.
(15) In FIRE Signs it is natural and shows HIGHER positions in career and BIG organizations. VERY positive person & big heart and highly respected.
(16) IN water signs, a bit docile than others with some emotional intelligence and not just action oriented. But emotions don’t interfere with duties and job.
(17) In EARTH signs shows higher posts in Wealth management, agriculture or such practical stuff. Some wealth or economy handling aspect WILL end up appearing in their career regardless of education.
(18) With RAHU Surya shows aggression, agitation and irritation and also excess ambition in any house but more so the 1st house. It is like boiling blood that can show friction and over use of bones and hence issues.
(19) With KETU it shows some reduction of resilience and outright brilliance. KETU brings some sukoon and slow and reduces some of the ambitions. Also, could give weak eyesight or weak spine and heart or overall resilience. It could increase artistic side though!
(20) Birth-Dates of 1 10 19 28 would adds to all these characteristics lot more! The bdates of 8 17 26 would reduce and check these instincts many times.
Examples: Balasaheb Thackeray (Capri/Makar: 23rd Jan), Sharad Pawar (Scorpio: 12th Dec) – Will add more.
SURYA in the 2nd house of a Horoscope
The 2nd house: Speech, Family, Wealth, Investments, Stock market, Eyes, Debts, Loans erc, Jewelry, Teeth, Tongue, Neck, Nose, etc etc, “Maarak sthan” as you can’t ever have enough wealth :) 8th house (peeda/Mrutyu sthan of partner: 7th house)
Surya in the 2nd house is a bit of a misfit (not bad) but it becomes a bit confused here. This is wealth management and family house and hence an loner or independent sort of a planet in the family house becomes a bit lost at times! So you see someone like Imran Khan (Cricket/politician) having a strange family life but his is with Shani too so a bit extreme case. SURYA being the parent of solar system also becomes parent of the family in this house. The one who provides money and arranges money or starts money matters in the family.
(1) Well placed Surya shows good connection with Govt and Govt folks or people with authority that results in some work.
(2) Running some wealth management company or debt /loans related org.
(3) Starting a bank and if good angles with Shani then a cooperative bank. Rather working as an official in such bank and an expert and not a political leader who usually has Shani in the 2nd house for such co-operative banks.
(4) Getting good work from Govt or big orgs with higher authority proximity.
(5) Extravagant, giving money away at times with pride or even ego mostly against the wish of the partner/spouse.
(6) Giving promises which are a bit over the head is possible (again pride and ego while taking) Giving a “word” in ego etc could really hurt at times
(7) Very less speech and reluctant to talk unless Gemini Sun. Initially childhood speaking R could be an issue just like 8th or 2nd house Mangal.
(8) SHANI drushti could cause getting in to problems with Govt for loans or debts.
(9) With RAHU the paternal grandfather and family history with wealth is repeated and good bad things appear in life. The owner of the 2nd house being wakri or 6 8 from this 2nd house (9th house of 7th house) can cause more issues. Wakri L2 could cause some major losses. SHANI drushti means huge wealth losses possible. Both Rahu Shani influence means bad SAHUKARI in the family and money snatched away from poor by the elders of the family.
(10) With KETU it is less extreme or intense but in intense nakshatra or Shani drushti or wakri owner of 2nd house etc it could show cancerous stuff in the family and also spine or heart being weak!
(11) GURU drushti on Surya results in good long-term strategic investments, well directed donations and not just pride ego etc.
(12) Well placed shows good eye sight and throat stuff but a badly placed one can cause major eye sight issues. Usually, worse the eye sight and power of eyes and worse the wealth management in the family.
(13) In Water signs ego and self-esteem is reduced and unnecessary promises are not done.
(14) In fire signs possibility of giving money increases quite a bit but income also increases due to Govt or big org or blessings by authorities.
(15) In Earth Signs it shows VERY practical approach towards wealth and hence good saving and even advising others for investments!
(16) In Air Signs it is quite an intellectual approach which asks good questions before lending money or even taking a loan.
(17) The birth-date of 1 10 19 28 could increase all these characteristics majorly!!! And the birth-dates of 8 17 26 would reduce extravagance and ego and so on giving money away!
(18) When Surya in owner of the 6th house (Surya in Mesh rashi: MEEN lagna) shows good use of debts/loan to make money (if well placed else bad loans!)
(19) When Surya owner of the 10th house (in DHANU) Vrishchik lagna – shows raising money for business and using degree/knowledge etc for that!
(20) When in own rashi 2nd house (Kirk lagna) then good support from the father for wealth and also Govt deals and big orgs.
Examples: Cricketer and Politician Imran Khan (Will add more)
SURYA in the 3rd house of a Horoscope
The 3rd House: “Parakram Sthan” “Sahaj Sthan”, “Bhratru-Sthan)” Siblings (mostly younger), Communication, Listening, Arms, Shoulders, Expression, Presentations, Picnics, Travels of 6 hours, Quick Short-Term Travels, Writing, Publishing, Impact on surroundings. Operational model, Doing things with flair, free-form inspirations
The 3rd house Thoughts:
(1) The 3rd house being a “Sahaj-Sthan” that belongs to Kaam-Trikon is good for any natural malefic (Paap Graha) such as Rahu, Shani (Saturn), Mars (Mangal) and of course, Surya (Sun). These planets get an extra edge in this house. It allows them to unleash their powers and their intensity, “Parakram” and energy in a much better way.
(2) This is the house of impact on the surroundings. Prakash Padukone has 3rd house Mars in Gemini, Dennis Lille the fast bowler and Roger Federer also I suspect has mars in 3rd they have Mars in Gemini (the 3rd sign) and in the 3rd house makes it a lot more effective. Shivaji Maharaj had Uchcha Shani in the 3rd house! Balasaheb Thackeray had 3rd Shani to Moon sign of Kanya. Lata Mangeshkar has 3rd house Moon in Kirk rashi (own). KAPIL Saan has 3rd house Surya in DHANU.
(3) One of my colleagues in Patni Computers had Mercury in the 3rd house in Gemini and D9 also had it. I was curious if some connection with publishing, press etc – and he was surprised as he had not told even some of his project mates! :) And I was also amazed (This was 2005 and I was having a “stall” in Club-Patni “Kalaakriti: Event as a domestic astrologer displaying my “Kalaa” i.e. Art!) :) :) Had surprised many folks by asking “if your moon sign Leo or Vrishabh or your patrika-name starting from W (Taurus moon) and so on! :)
(4) Bharatratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi had Surya L10 in the 3rd house with Shukra! You can connect expression and impact on surroundings to this chart!
(5) Ball to ball commentary would be done great by anyone having planets in the 3rd house or planets in the Gemini Sign (Gavaskar has Gemini Sun and Shastri has Gemini Ascendant).
(6) I have a friend who has Mangal Dashamesh (L10) in the 3rd house in Mesh and he is ultra-aggressive businessman who wants to grab everything in sight! Runs around impatiently and with anxiety effectively making progress no matter what! :)
(7) Many successful higher position military folks have 3rd house Mangal but in serious Makar rashi which has more practical and land grabbing approach due to practical Makar rashi Mangal.
(8) 3rd house Makar rashi Shukra Chandra make people serious expressions which tends more towards classical singing than say Mithun rashi planets or Tula rashi planets which would try experimentation and more vibrant expression not sticking to a form or rules. The 3rd house Surya is highly confident expression bordering on ego and arrogance too.
As you can see the planets in the 3rd house are highly playful. There is free-form and freelancing approach which is unrestricted. They are quite vibrant and make their presence felt almost all the times. Unless they are 5th or 9th etc to Moon, they are highly free-form and they start liking the journey much more than the destination. They have visible impact on the surroundings as they move stuff around quite a bit. The 3rd house is playful in a way they would find variations in a Raag like Bhimsen Saahab. Their free flow spirit does not like to fit in to a form easily. Bhimsen had Shukra Surya in Makar - -ultra conservative sign so this freelancing gets lot of control.
(1) Surya in the 3rd house gives great confidence, extrovert persona, bold nature. It shows forceful communication and boastful talks. Ability to patronize is birth-right of the 3rd house Surya! :)
(2) There is originality in their expression and communication. They hardly copy anyone and create their own way of expression. Surya’s inspiration gets a free flow channel and a very positive channel without adulterations.
(3) There is direct way of expression & ability to influence people directly & overtly (not like “inception”). Big voice & being center of a group with lively comments is their thing.
(4) Confrontations are direct and, in your face, and not behind the back. Guerilla war tactics is 3rd Shani and overt/direct opposition and taking on opposition in broad day light is the 3rd Shani.
(5) Gossip is OK and good but not beyond a limit as extrovert nature of Sun would also involve the target of gossip in their talk or display clear body language to the person being gossiped giving it away! :)
(6) 95/100 folks with 3rd Surya are Khudpasand _ They are their own fans! :) They ego/self-esteem and their self-worth is their own friend.
(7) As this house is in sync with the 1st house, it has very positive impact on the “future” or “achievements” of the person. Good planetary yog get great support and force from this 3rd Surya increase their magnitude of success.
(8) The 3rd sign from any sign is friendly with element of the signs. Means Water and Earth; Fire and Air. So this 3rd and 11th house planets become real great friends of the person that helps with impact on surroundings.
(9) The side effect of this Surya is liking the journey too much and getting misaligned a bit from the ultimate destination or the final state or goals (the 9th house). They can play GREAT CAMEOS in many fields but to play the LEAD or mainstream character or role they need planets in the 9th or 11th house too. Or having planets in strong signs. That’s why you see Kapil saab playing to the gallery and batting in his own style thereby not achieving as much as say Sehwag despite having similar capability.
(10) Surya in the water signs shows docile & less aggressive approach as lagna-rashi also becomes water-element. It shows good emotional intelligence while influencing or patronizing people.
(11) Surya in the Earth Signs shows practical aggression and positivity but not displaying ability for making a statement.
(12) Surya in the Air Signs shows highly intellectual approach but it has force and can do some actions to “make a statement”.
(13) Surya in the Fire signs shows maximum impact and great force and can take actions just to make a statement or show dominance.Examples: Bharatratna Bhimsen Joshi, Kapil Dev,
Other Useful Articles:
Chandra/Moon in a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.com/2017/06/moon-in-12-houses-of-horoscope.html
Mangal / Mars in a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.com/2017/03/mars-mangal-in-12-houses-of-horoscope.html
SHANI / SATURN in a Horoscope: http://astromnc.blogspot.in/2017/12/shani-saturn-in-birth-time-horoscope.html
To check which house your Chart has a specific planet: